Sweet Potato + Black Bean Burrito
September 7, 2008 § 4 Comments
1 sweet potato
2 cups black beans, pre-cooked
2 cups corn, raw or pre-cooked
2 cloves garlic, chopped
sea salt, pepper
1-2 teaspoons chili powder (to taste)
cilantro, avocado, tomato, cheese (optional)
tortillas (whole grain or brown rice)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Scrub sweet potato and chop into bite-size cubes. Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt and pepper and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes until crispy around the edges and soft in the center.
2. Meanwhile, chop all other ingredients, save the avocado, and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, saute onions in olive oil until they start to carmaelize (about eight minutes). Add garlic, cooked beans, corn and cook until heated-through. Add chili powder and taste; season with additional spice, salt or pepper.
4. When sweet potatoes are fully cooked, remove from oven and add to skillet. Remove skillet from heat.
5. While oven is hot, place tortillas on a baking sheet and, if using, top with cheese. Warm in oven for a few minutes.
6. Remove tortillas from oven and spoon bean & corn mixture on top of the tortilla. Add toppings and serve warm.
Diet Notes: Vegan (with cheese modification), nut-free, gluten-free (use brown rice tortillas).