Asparagus Shallot Quiche
November 25, 2008 § 2 Comments
This is a delicious, simple, and totally flexible recipe for a breakfast, brunch, dinner, and midnight snack. If you don’t like asparagus, throw in some broccoli! If you hate broccoli, swap out with spinach, sauteed mushrooms or a couple leeks.
1+1/2 cup chopped asparagus in 1/2” pieces
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 cups grated Jarlsberg cheese
2 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
1 cup milk (or milk alternative)
sea salt, pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-10″ quiche pan.
2. Chop shallot and saute until translucent, about five minutes. Add garlic and asparagus. Cook for an additional 8-10 minutes until asparagus is al dente and bright green.
3. Meanwhile, combine flour, eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a bowl and whisk.
4. Mix asparagus-shallots into egg mixture and stir. Stir in cheese.
5. Pour ingredients into quiche pan and cook for 50-60 minutes until firm in the center and edges are golden-brown.
Diet Notes: Nut-free