November 28, 2008 § 2 Comments
This recipe was inspired by a gorgeous food blog, Smitten Kitchen. I adapted it slightly, but she’s the genius behind this scrumptious dish!
1/2 cup whole grain dijon mustard
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
sea salt, pepper
few pinches rosemary, thyme, parsley, basil
1/8 teaspoon lemon zest
8-9 small/medium sized potatoes (Yukon Gold are great)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease two cooking sheets with olive oil.
2. In a bowl, mix all liquid ingredients and seasonings. Whisk.
3. Cut potatoes into strips. Cut each piece approximately the same size, so they cook evenly. Add potatoes into the mustard sauce and thoroughly coat.
4. Lay potatoes on the two baking sheets so that each potato is touching the surface of the sheet.
5. Bake on two different levels in the oven for about 20 minutes. Take potatoes out of the oven, flip with a spatula. Place back in the oven and reverse which sheet is placed on top. Cook another 15-20 minutes until crispy.
Diet Notes: Gluten-free, vegan, nut-free